Monday, July 5, 2010

Not My Will...

One psychological inventory that my therapist gave me indicated that I hold on to several irrational beliefs. One of these is that I'm stricken with stress and irritation when things don't go my way. I tend to think things like, "Why me?" "I thought I had enough to deal with!" I had to confess it to my kids as a grown-up temper tantrum. That struck a chord in the 3-yr old's mind!

Of course, the Lord never forsakes us (Hebrews 13:5), and He disciplines those He loves (Hebrews 12:6). I stop my kids when they're misbehaving, even if they're intentions are good, and I expect compliance. I should practice what I preach, as God's child. If he cares enough to not give me exactly what I want, it would be smart of me to stop my behavior and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment